To leave a comment

To leave a comment, please click on the title of the post to leave or read all comments and replies. Thank you :)

Be sure to scroll down the page today

Be sure to scroll down the page

There are TWO posts today...Sorry about that :)

Monday, May 11, 2009

Musing Monday (May 11)

Musing Monday is hosted by Rebecca from Just One More Page.
Today's musing is the following:

Have you ever finished a book, then turned around and immediately re-read it? Why? What book(s)? (question courtesy of MizB)

Well this one is easy...no. I have never immediately re-read a book. There are very few books that I re-read at all. Jane Austen and Gone With the Wind are my re-reads currently. And I don't re-read for several years. I'm actually due for a GWTW re-read, since I did some Austen last year. Oh wait, I'm thinking of a few more I would re-read but haven't done so yet: Outlander (books 1-3), and Harry Potter (5-7). No, I never read 1 through 5, and yes they are on my list.


There are so many books out there that I would like to read, but I will never get to them if I re-read books too often.


How about you? What books do you re-read?

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I have only re-read about 2 books in my life: A Great and Terrible Beauty and one of the Gossip Girl Books. Like you I have so many things that I want to read that re-reading would take up too much time. The only time I have re-read was when I wanted to read the rest of a series and hadn't read the previous in a LONG time.

zetor said...

You are right too many books and too little time, you should she my tbr list!!!

Nise' said...

That's the dilema! There are a few favorites that I re-read. I have been listening to some of my favorite books while I walk.

Unknown said...

That's actually not a bad idea, because then you can save your actual reading time for new books.

Anonymous said...

I agree. There are so many good books it is hard to set them aside and reread - even if I really want to!

nan said...

I know, I just hate to give up my reading time to reread books when there are so many books I still haven't even read once.

Nise, great idea about listening to books as a reread while walking.

Nicole (Linus's Blanket) said...

I don't re-read a lot but I would like to start re-reading more. Not anything that I have read recently, but things I liked as a child and as a teenager.

caite said...

too many books, too little time...say no to re-reading! ;-)

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Hey Jen! Thanks for stopping by!!

The Bookworm said...

I tend to re-read my favorites, like Pride & Prejudice. I dont immediately re-read a book though, I let some time pass. I'm way overdue for a GWTW re-read too :O)
I did re-read the HP books. I couldnt help it :)

http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

kayerj said...

I think thats so weird that you haven't read 1-4 of the Harry Potter Books ;) Thanks for stopping by my blog

Wendi said...

Ohhh - great question (I don't normally participate in this meme, but can't resist!).

I have re-read quite a few books, but never back-to-back. I think the quickest I've re-read a book was probably the Twilight series because I'm having such a hard time reviewing them (love them, but don't think they should be YA).

:) Wendi

Cathy said...

I've gone back and re-read a few of the books I absolutely loved in years past only to find that I didn't really enjoy them all that much upon second reading. I'd grown as a person, and my tastes had changed. I've decided not to set out to re-read any old favorites. I'd rather keep my memories of old favorites intact! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for leaving me a comment. I know you may be pressed for time, and I appreciate you taking a few minutes to leave your thoughts.
I enjoy reading all of them. Thanks again and have a great day :)