To leave a comment

To leave a comment, please click on the title of the post to leave or read all comments and replies. Thank you :)

Be sure to scroll down the page today

Be sure to scroll down the page

There are TWO posts today...Sorry about that :)

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Suddenly Sunday (June 27)

Hello Everyone!  What's up?  Hope you are enjoying your weekend.  I just finished knitting a shawl for my mom and now it's soaking, getting ready to be blocked to beautifulness.  Hubby is putting together a small shopping list, and in a bit we will brave the heat and go to the market.  Exciting stuff, I know, try to control yourself.

With regards to reading, I'm in a bit of a slump.  I have tried to finish The Dark Rose, second book of the Morland Dynasty.  Yeah....not going well and not going to happen.  I will be skimming the last 25% of the book.  I'm bored and have no interest in these characters.  Started reading Shadow of the Swords a novel about the Crusades from the Muslim point of view.  Interesting, but I am already tired of reading about how hateful Richard the Lionheart is, and I'm about half way through.  Love Saladin and his perspective and I knew King Richard was an asshat, but come on.  Enough is enough.  Move the story along.  So I'm putting that down for a while.

Just finished a book titled Shattered Mirror.  I could have finished it in a day, but I stretched it.  Very short and quick but now I need something else.  I'm in a holding pattern because I'm waiting on a book form the library and from TLC Book Tours.  Oh I just got an idea.  I have an ARC for August I could start now.  Georgette Heyer’s Regency World by Jennifer Kloester.  It's non-fiction but it's about the Regency World.  Maybe I'll start that today.


I've also been changing around the blog, as I'm sure you may have noticed.  Not sure I like both sidebars on one side.  It makes me re size all my gadgets to fit.  Don't be surprised if you see something different the next time you're here.  I like to tinker but it's very time consuming. 

Otherwise not much else going on.  Oh wait!  I have winners.  Sorry about the delay. According to Random.org the winners are.....

Karen K
Linda

Woo-hoo!  Congratulations.  I'll be in touch for your information.  Thank you all for entering.
Better luck next time guys! 

Now that really is about it.  Well thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week.  Happy Reading :)

{Suddenly Sunday is hosted by Svea from Confessions and Ramblings of a Muse in the Fog.  I think she has been a bit busy lately but be sure to stop by her place anyway.}


 

10 comments:

Irene said...

Congrats to the winners. Sorry you're have a slow reading week. But, thanks for the heads up on those. Have a pleasant shopping trip.

Passages to the Past said...

I wish I could knit....the extent of my needlework is cross stitch. I made my first pillow last weekend and was so excited :)

We did all of our "exciting" errands yesterday...fun stuff, especially in 100 degree heat! NOT!

I agree with your thoughts on The Dark Rose. I'm not ready to give up on the series just yet, but I really hope Book Three redeems it!

I'll also be reading Regency World for review, but I had some slack time in between scheduled reviews and decided to FINALLY read Legacy by Susan Kay, which is raved as THE book to read on Elizabeth I. You know I love me some Elizabeth :)

I like the new look and thanks for adding my button...you are so good to me! I tweaked my Royal Cribs blog, but not PTTP yet. You are so right about it being a time sucker!

I hope you have a great week homefry!

Unknown said...

I have heard several people saying that about the 2nd Morland Dynasty book. I haven't read any of them, but I don't really want to get involved in a series that long. I have enough to read as it is. Hopefully you find something good to read soon!

Staci said...

I want pictures of the shawl and the blocking process!!! Intrigues me and makes me wish I could knit!! I have a hard time with those 2 sticks!!!

Read the Heyer book...I can't wait to read my copy!!

Tales of Whimsy said...

I love the cover of that GH book :)

I hate when I hit a slump. It normally means I need something action packed to pull me out :)

Anonymous said...

I just started reading The Tea Rose by Jennifer Donnelly. I haven't been this engaged in a book in awhile. Sure to get you out of any reading slump :)

The Bookworm said...

Hi Jenny, i'm sure the shawl is beautiful!
I just finished a book with Richard the Lionheart in it. Called The Queens Pawn.
Georgette Heyer’s Regency World sounds interesting.
happy reading!
congrats to the winners!
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Stacy at The Novel Life said...

Congratulations to the winners! Btw, very cool header!
Thank you for your comment at Royal Reads - yes Lady Jane Grey did get the short end of the stick but boy did she go down fighting! I liked her a lot! What the world would be had she been able to be Queen more than 9 days....Oh well! Thanks again :-)
have a fantastic week!

Michelle Santiago said...

hi jenny! sorry about the reading slump... i think i'm in a bit of a slump myself. i'm hoping i'd read a lot more since it's summer but unfortunately it's not turning out how i planned.

hope you're a having a wonderful, relaxing summer yourself :)

-michelle

Trisha said...

Sorry you are in a reading slump! I was for a few weeks, but I picked up Dostoevsky's House of the Dead and it is wonderful!

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for leaving me a comment. I know you may be pressed for time, and I appreciate you taking a few minutes to leave your thoughts.
I enjoy reading all of them. Thanks again and have a great day :)