To leave a comment

To leave a comment, please click on the title of the post to leave or read all comments and replies. Thank you :)

Be sure to scroll down the page today

Be sure to scroll down the page

There are TWO posts today...Sorry about that :)

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Suddenly Sunday (February 27)

Hosted by Svea from Confessions & Ramblings of a Muse in the Fog

Hello dear readers!  How are you?  I hope this finds all of you well.  Today the sun is out and about and is just glorious.  Therefore I am going to keep this short and sweet.

My Dad is doing flipping fantastic with his new kidney.  He is no longer anemic, his function tests are great, and all is well.  He has a lot more energy than before, and he is starting to sound like a new man.  He also wrote a thank you note for the donor family expressing his sincerest gratitude.  The transplant coordinator said the family may or may not want to read it, and may even want to meet my Dad some day.  The meeting part he is not so sure of, but he will think about it.  So all is good and thank you very  much for your prayers, thoughts, and support.  He also send his thanks as well.

In other news, the teaching thing is best left for another conversation.  The students are good, it's another aspect that is driving me crazy.  I'll relate that story once class is over.  I have also been asked to revamp a coding program, which means rewriting the curriculum.  Now that is pretty cool and I am excited about that.  That's due in another month from now, so busy, busy Jenny.

On the reading front, there hasn't been too much going on.  I haven't been reading as much as I would like due to other commitments.  I have a review and interview with Robert Parry, author of the Arrow Chest.  Those post on March 1st and 2nd.  After that it's Jenny's Choice!  No commitments until April!  Woo-hoo!  So, I started already with Hawaii by James Michener.  Why that?  Well it's something I always wanted to read, it's a chunkster for my chunkster challenge, and I am going back there on vacation this year.   So far so good.  I was a little worried that I wouldn't like it, but the man is a Pulitzer Prize winner for a reason.

Well I think that's enough from me for now.  Enjoy your Sunday, and have a wonderful week everyone!

What books will you be reading this week?  Anything interesting coming up?