To leave a comment

To leave a comment, please click on the title of the post to leave or read all comments and replies. Thank you :)

Be sure to scroll down the page today

Be sure to scroll down the page

There are TWO posts today...Sorry about that :)

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Best book for first half of 2011



Today’s Armchair BEA suggested posting topic is “Best of 2011!”

We'd love to have you share some of your favorite books so far this year, and/or the the books being promoted at BEA that you hope will end up among your favorites for the year!



As for books I have read so far in 2011, unfortunately three of them I am in the process of writing the review:

What Angels Fear by C.S. Harris              This was a page turner and made my heart speed up.

Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro           Not my usual reading fare, but apparently affected more deeply than I realized.  I think about this book quite often.

           Proud Cis, the Rose of Raby, finally gets her story told, and it is terrific!

Book I have read and reviewed in 2011:

When We Were Strangers by Pamela Schoenewaldt
           Sweet innocent Irma and the Italian immigrant experience.  For Irma it worked out; for others, not so much.


As for what is coming out in 2011 that I am excited about?
I started to peruse the catalogs, but it is so much information that I feel overwhelmed.  I'll just wait and check out all the surprises through the year.

Check here for more posts by Armchair BEA participants.