To leave a comment

To leave a comment, please click on the title of the post to leave or read all comments and replies. Thank you :)

Be sure to scroll down the page today

Be sure to scroll down the page

There are TWO posts today...Sorry about that :)

Sunday, May 15, 2011

I'm back, it's my Birthday, and boy have I missed you all!!!

Getting ready to land at Kona International Airport

Hello everybody!  How are you?  I hope this finds you all well.  The end of April brought the completion of the two classes I was teaching, and then off I went on my vacation.  Two weeks in Hawaii, and I enjoyed it thoroughly.  Just me and my honey, with the lovely people and Aloha spirit of the Big Island.  I vowed to bring the Aloha spirit back with me and maintain it, and damn it I am going to do it this time!  I will not let things get me down and I will just go with the flow.

I did some reading and knitting while I was away, and got a bit of a tan too.  Not too much because we had some rainy weather; very unlike Hawaii but such is life.  We did some driving around, checking out neighborhoods and such, and are confident that someday we will be able to move there.  That's the plan anyway, eventually.  We also checked out an unmarked beach, and it was the best discovery we made.  If I told you the specifics I would have to kill you, so here is just a picture:



Now that I am back, I find I am super behind on my reviews and blog reading, but everything will be completed in due course.  I must admit I almost wanted to blow up my Gmail account, but I have whittled it down a bit.  What did we humans do before email and the Internet?  Well, that means I would not have met you good people, so there's the upside.

So that brings me to my birthday.  Today I turn 38 and must admit I certainly don't feel like it.  I can't believe that's my age.  It's weird.  The only thing I have noticed is my attitude towards things, people, and life in general has changed.  I know that's a combination of life experience, events, and such, but really, I think I get closer to knowing my true self, wants, and desires everyday.  Be who you are, for yourself, and nobody else. 

No big gifts for my birthday, although I did get a little something while on vacation.  I'll save that for another post.  So what have you been up to lately?  Read anything good that I should add to the old TBR?

Glad to be back and look forward to visitng you all.  Take care and happy reading :)
Enjoy your week!