To leave a comment

To leave a comment, please click on the title of the post to leave or read all comments and replies. Thank you :)

Be sure to scroll down the page today

Be sure to scroll down the page

There are TWO posts today...Sorry about that :)

Friday, March 30, 2012

Fitness Friday: Breakfast Ideas

Friday Fitness is a bi-weekly event here at Jenny Loves to Read

Happy Friday Everyone!

Hope you are well and trying to meet your fitness goals.  For me, I am meeting part of my goals.  Cardio consists of walking the dog, which I do at least a half hour everyday after work.  Weekends it's an hour or more since I'm home.  That's great.  My free weights I did once last week and that was it.  I can't seem to wake up early enough in the morning to get them done.  Hope to be better at that this upcoming week.

As for my eating habits, I'm 50/50.  I do well at work and then when I'm home I tend to fall off the wagon.  Part of it is that we need to go to the grocery store big time.  So if the hubby says lets order out, it doesn't take much for me to say sure!  We discussed this and we both know we need to change, but with the other things going on it's tough.  I meet with the Nutritionist on April 13th, so until then, trying my best.

Breakfast seems to be my best meal of the day.  I usually have oatmeal, consisting of this recipe called overnight oats.  I saw the recipe on a healthy eating blog called Peanut Butter Fingers .  It's written by a young woman named Julie, and she has all kinds of good stuff on there, like workouts and recipe ideas.  It's her overnight oats that I usually eat in the morning.  It consists of oats, almond milk, chia seeds, Greek yogurt, and some fruit.  Here's a link to the basic recipe.  I usually eat half of it early, and the other half mid-morning.  The key is the chia seeds.  They help to firm up the concoction overnight, and they are healthy for you too.  They are noticeable to the eye, but when I eat them I don't notice them.  I get my chia at a nut store called Nuts to You.  I think they may be local to Philly, but check Amazon or  a Whole Foods near you.  Heck the regular supermarket may have them now.  Dr. Oz loves them too apparently.

There are two other food ingredients I would like to try incorporating into my diet are lentils and chickpeas.  Lentils I can make into soup, but I'd like to expand my horizons.  Chickpeas, I tried roasting them before and that didn't work out to well. I am also not a fan of hummus.  Limits my options I know.

Do you have any suggestions for chickpeas or lentils?  What are your favorite healthy items or breakfast ideas?


That's all I have for now.  Hope you have been doing well with your fitness goals and I wish you continued success in meeting those goals.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a fitness expert. Anything I post on here is from my own experiences or from books, magazines, or websites I have read. You do what you will with the information I provide.
© Jenny Girl - 2012 "All Rights Reserved"